Physiotherapy, Pain & Problems

Forum Value General Chat Physiotherapy, Pain & Problems

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Diamond50

I don’t have any insurance and money is tight. I have been told that physiotherapy can help me, but I don’t know if I can afford it. Why is this not covered by OHIP?

If I pay out of my own pocket, I want to know exactly what I’m going to get out of a session. What conditions can physiotherapy treat?

Mary-Ann

I have no idea why it is not covered by OHIP. I do understand that it is frustrating. I really think these things should be covered!

Tempura

I guess there have been a lot of cuts to OHIP. Some idiot makes these decisions. Perhaps it is more than one idiot. They make cuts so that they can line their pockets. šŸ˜ 

ForeverYoung

Physiotherapy can help with many conditions. I have been going to a physiotherapist for years and it made a world of difference after a while.

Since I went to Bramalea Chiropractic for my physiotherapy, I would recommend them to you, but I understand the financial problem you’re facingā€¦Perhaps you can go once or twice, then do it at home? I would suggest that you call them and explain your situation. I’m sure they can come up with a plan that will work for you.

Grayson

Physiotherapy can help treat arthritis. I had physiotherapy for this. Contrary to popular belief, arthritis can also affect those who are younger.

Specific exercises for the troubled joint can help to improve the condition. Some exercises like strength training and stretching can help with your range of motion. This will help protect the affected joints.

You need to have proper supervision though. You could hurt yourself if you don’t know what you are doing. That’s why it is better to have a professional advise you.

Myra

Physiotherapy is generally associated with things like joints, muscles and tendons. Did you know that it can also help for balance problems and dizziness? Dizziness can affect anyone. Sometimes, the reason for your dizziness may be detected and you may become fine. Other times, there may be an unknown reason. I think they refer to this as idiopathic or something. Sometimes, it may not go for years. Your balance can be affected.

You can go for physiotherapy to help you cope. Of course, you should first try to find out what the problem is. If there is no underlying condition that can be pinpointed, then it is most likely some vestibular issue.

There are special exercises that can help you to cope and improve the condition. These exercises are aimed at improving the balance and to improve the brain-eye coordination.

Warner

If you have lower back pain, physiotherapy can help. There are exercises and stretches you can do to strengthen your back and also the surrounding areas. This will help to reduce pain, increase mobility and decrease the number of days that your back will give you a problem.

RollingStone

You should also incorporate other coping skills to lessen the strain on your back. For example, when you need to get up from a lying down position, many people just get up like they are doing a sit-up. It is better to roll to your side, then use your arms to raise yourself.

Physiotherapy can also help with neck pain. The key is to know how to strengthen these muscles and reduce inflammation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.