Is it a good idea for me to work at a PR agency?

Forum Value Business & Entrepreneurs Is it a good idea for me to work at a PR agency?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Bruce

I feel like I might be interested in working for PR agencies, but I’m not sure it would be a right fit for me.

I’ve been working in sales for a few years now, and I love it. I’m also really interested in marketing, I’m a curious person, I’m not afraid of working hard, and I love working with people and getting to learn something new everyday.

Do you think working at a PR agency could be a good career choice for me? And why or why not?

I really appreciate your help with this!

Myra

I don’t know much about what PR agencies do, so I’m not sure I’m the right person to help you here…

But I think if this kind of work seems interesting to you, then it’s probably a right fit, and if you need new skills or new knowledge, you should be able to get them if you really want to follow this career path.

Tempura

A friend of mine used to work for Broad Reach Communications. He was always telling me what he loved the most about his job, such as the opportunity to interact with clients, and working in a team. He also loved that his job allowed him to develop new ideas, and to show his creativity.

Well, now he moved to a different city, but working for Broad Reach made him love PR so much that instead of working for a PR agency, he’s now working on his own as a PR consultant.

If you love sales, marketing and working with people, I’m sure a lot of PR agencies would love to meet you!

Bruce

Thank you! I didn’t think of the fact that it was also a way to get creative. I like that idea.

Hockey1979

I think that as long as you’re interested in PR, you’ll be able to develop the skills you need to succeed in a PR agency. As long as you’re willing to learn, to try new things and to work hard, this can be a very exciting career path for you.

And I think for most PR agencies, it doesn’t matter so much what you studied… They’ll probably be more interested in knowing what kind of projects drive you, what skills you possess, what passion you can bring to the table.

Of course, it helps if you’re good at teamwork, and if you have good communication skills. But if you don’t, you can acquire these skills. As long as you’re really passionate about the work.

BeanStalk

I agree with what the others have said here. If you love sales and marketing, and you think working for a PR agency could be interesting, go ahead!

If ever you don’t like it as much as you expected to, you can still turn around and choose a new career path… Nothing is set in stone when it comes to choosing what you want to do for a living. There are so many opportunities, and I think there’s nothing wrong with choosing more than one, or trying out more than one!

Bruce

You’re right, I think I’ll go ahead and get in touch with PR agencies to see if I can join them… But maybe first I’ll keep researching it. But I’ll try for sure, and I’ll see where it takes me!

Hockey1979

That’s great! I’m sure you’ll like it. And I hope you’ll find a great agency and a great team of people to join.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.