Is buying storage units profitable?

Forum Value General Chat Is buying storage units profitable?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kenneth

Anybody used a storage unit before? I haven’t used one before, but I’d like to try renting one just to store some miscellaneous stuff that I can’t keep around the house. I just want to hear what you guys have to say before I make up my mind.

Velocity

I’ve used it before. In fact, I still do. Been using it for a few months, so it hasn’t been all that long. No complaints really. To be honest, it has worked well for me, so I am glad that I have one.

Hockey1979

I’m really glad I have my storage unit. Sometimes, you just get attached to certain things over the years. Some people can get rid of such things, but other people (like me!) find it difficult.

Instead of throwing it away, at least I can hang on to some memories by having something physical; something I can touch and see. I do understand that what’s important to me isn’t necessarily important to my partner. By having a storage unit, I can get rid of it, but still keep it, if that makes sense.

Miss Venus

I found that having a storage unit helped me to get rid of a lot of clutter from my house. There were many times I was digging around to look for things.

In the end, a friend suggested an idea which I pursued. She told me about Storage City (near Oakville) which is not that far from me by car. I decided to get one and took a lot of my stuff that I did not necessarily want to throw out. I got it out of the house, but I still have it if I need it.

Now, looking for things is much easier since I got rid of the clutter. Perhaps one day, I will go and take a look at it when I have time. Then I can sort through it and get rid of stuff.

Jellybean

I have to admit, I am a bit of a hoarder! I just find it hard to get rid of stuff. It also seems that everything I have has some kind of memory or special meaning attached to it.

I guess I’m a bit of a sentimental fool. I even have stuff (not a lot) from over 40 years ago, when I was in school! I’ve taken it all and placed them in storage.

My wife is happy that I did that. To be honest, it was causing some friction. I was also afraid that she would start discarding things behind my back. That would have upset me. This seemed like the perfect solution.

Cello

I use a storage unit too, but I only use it for seasonal stuff. Right now, I am not using it, but when winter is coming to an end, I put away all winter tools. Some snow equipment is large and bulky. Until I need it next, I will get rid of them. I have been doing this for several years now.

ForeverYoung

The facility I use is fenced and gated. There is also 24/7 video monitoring of the facility. This makes me feel a bit better.

It’s a month-by-month rental facility. It keeps going until you let them know, so it’s really convenient. You should call and find out size and pricing. They have different sizes, so it is not a standard thing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.